Friday, April 22, 2022

Staying Calm...When Life is NOT- Guest Post by Elvis the Cat

 

People say I'm a cool cat, but I wasn't always so calm, cool, and collected.


Meow!! My name is Elvis....named after the king of rock 'n roll.

I'm 16 years old, which is about 80 in people years, so I have learned a thing or two.

I used to be a scaredy cat! That cool cat you see now, wasn't always that way!

I ran and hid when strangers came close, or if people made loud noises or fast movements. 

But I've learned a thing or two, and I know how to deal with life's drama and enjoy myself!

Here are some tips to help you be cool in (and out) of your comfort zone!


Meeting New People

New people are pretty fun. I get a little scared when I meet them, but I learned how to make new friends. You can too!

1. Watch. Look to see if the new person is nice, fun, and safe.

2. If you like them, say, "Hi," and see if they want to be friends Share good vibes with friends who treat you nicely. It's good to meet new people!


Drama

Well, there's still plenty to be found around here, but I've learned to cope with it. Sometimes I stay and watch, or I walk to a quiet and calm place to get away. I don't stress, or run away like I did before.

I've realized that I have some control over things in my life by going somewhere I feel safe, and I can go calmly to find my inner peace when I need it.


It's good to know we can learn new things.

We can change how we react to situations to make life more calm and enjoyable.


Take it from me, Elvis the cat! 







1 comment:

Why I Chill...

Hey Friends!  Today I want to talk about the importance of slowing down.  I love to chase things. Between chasing food as it drops to the fl...